SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Volunteers please!
Alice

30-11-2014 09:02 PM

Hello everyone....as the title suggests I'd like some help please.

I've been drumming up volunteers from the east dulwich forum, streetlife and this one, to help out at lunches that a friend of mine is running at St Saviour's and St Hilda's Church halls over the Christmas period. These are for elderly and / or isolated people who might otherwise not have anyone to celebrate the festive season with. Previous volunteers have found it a really rewarding and fun experience.

I have managed to find a lot of volunteers (thanks to everyone who has offered to help) but with 2-3 ish weeks to go I have some serious gaps and am getting a bit worried about filling them!

Therefore this is a more specific appeal with time slots/dates etc where I need help. Please let me know if you can volunteer your time:

13th December (venue is Goldsmiths Community Centre in Catford - http://www.goldsmithscommunitycentre.inf...4534120561)

I need 4 people altogether, two to start at 7am and two to start at 9.30am.

Christmas Day (venue St Hilda's)

I need approx 3 people to start at about 1pm and to help out until about 5pm

Boxing Day (venue St Hilda's)

I need 1 person at 7am.

I need approx 5 people to start at about 1pm and help out until about 5pm

New Year's Day (venue St Saviour's)

I need a driver for the minibus please. This is likely to be a 16 seater and will collect guests, drive them to the venue, then drop them all back afterwards.

I need 2 people at 7am

I need approx 4 people to start at 1pm ish.

Please let me know if you can help and thank you in advance if you can. This is a great local initiative and a good way of putting something back into the local community Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fleurie

30-11-2014 10:29 PM

Alice, I'm sure I can get out and do a stint, but could you say how long it would be for? From 7am til??

AMFM

01-12-2014 12:19 PM

Hi Alice

I could do the 7am start on either Boxing Day or New year's day, depending on how long you might need me for - will PM you.

smallie85

03-12-2014 10:44 AM

Hi Alice. Is there any availability left for Christmas Day?
Thanks

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields