SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Brockley Corridor proposed improvements
AGB1956

29-08-2014 04:31 PM

Baboonery's comments are spot on for me as well.

This proposal sounds like a series of half-baked ideas pandering to the latest buzz-words in urban planning ("sense of arrival", "improved public realm" - oh, please..!), and I can see some of the suggestions being made actually making matters significantly worse rather than improving the local environment.

Like it or not, Brockley Road/Brockley Rise is a key traffic route between New Cross and Forest Hill, and no amount of raised tables and reduced width is going to change that.

What we need is a more constructive way to manage the motor traffic flow whilst at the same time ensuring that there are safe routes and crossing points for pedestrian traffic.

Sadly, the past efforts of Lewisham to do this in the HOP area give me no reason to be optimistic that they'll get it right this time either - and in five years' time we'll be asked to look at another proposal to "improve" the area containing a completely different set of suggestions...

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Brockley Corridor proposed improvements - AGB1956 - 29-08-2014 04:31 PM