SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Grange Court development DC/23/130280
taymountgrange

09-05-2023 12:35 PM

Hi Paul,

I get it. Financially, it makes sense to go this route.

But it's a new plan and which we as residents, are all part of. It feels problematic to determine who will be eligible for parking permits.

I have little faith in the system, consultation will be mostly performative, hence why I would ask what would be the councils' criteria not to proceed with such a scheme.

As much as I would love not to have to use a vehicle, I can't haul all my load tools and equipment on the bus to the various places across London. Whilst a CPZ is great for those who are able to pay for the additional level of taxation, it causes issues for anyone visiting, such as tradespeople or any visiting further than public transport will cover.

It is now so bad now I say to clients that if they can't arrange to park (visitors permits/dispensations), they will be charged £60 a day to ride the ticket. There's no consistency across boroughs, you don't get much work done playing musical vehicles between each bay every 2 hours.

If we are working towards a 20-minute neighbourhood (and please communicate that if we are), like those in Japan, then we seriously need to understand that it works because of the extremely mixed and diverse zoning there. We don't have this here, everything is concentrated regionally

It's already a serious financial commitment to own a vehicle, I feel there is a misconception by "the white cycling middle-class man" (a term that came up during the row over LTN ) that driving in London is an exorcism of choice and largely unnecessary. There is no data other than the average journey times, which is not granular enough to determine what was the reason for travel.

It makes me laugh how much everyone hates vans.......until they need to move a piece of furniture or have something delivered.......THEN we are your best friends!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Grange Court development DC/23/130280 - taymountgrange - 09-05-2023 12:35 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Valentine Court - Infill Development (DC/22/127024) robertjroy 6 5,446 13-07-2022 11:40 AM
Last Post: robertjroy