SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Where did you live before you came to SE23?
Herbert

18-09-2013 10:53 PM

Nomadic, I heard the Trilby Rd property went for well over the guide price (as others seem to have). It also needs a lot of money spending on it

Anyway, I lived in Fulham, Richmond and Wimbledon before Forest Hill. I bought because friends recommended FH (6 years ago), I could get a house rather than a flat, and the planned East London Line ext. I always thought i'd end up in Richmond when I could afford it. We probably could just about afford it now at a stretch, but I really can't see us moving anywhere else in London.

I Love:

1. The community feel, something I haven't experienced in London before.
2. The transport links, it's much easier to get into the city now than any of the areas i've lived before.
3. The pride people seem to have in the area (as demonstrated by this forum) and they way the area seems to be constantly improving.

The one drawback for me would be "the look" of the centre, the shops, restaurants and bars. That said, this has improved so much over the past 5 years and hopefully that will continue. I am now happy just to go into Forest Hill for a night out, i'd have ended up in ED after a couple a few years ago. The Cafe's are great, restaurants decent.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Where did you live before you came to SE23? - Herbert - 18-09-2013 10:53 PM