SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Missing Tortoiseshell Cat - Pebbles
Cellar Door

23-02-2012 05:22 PM

Jane_D wrote:
Could you go round the nature reserve calling her - it must seem an exciting place for a cat to explore?

I’d be hanging out there, too, if I were a cat, Jane_D. Especially now as the weather has just been warming up a bit and all the lovely little furry field mice and their like will be coming out to play. For a cat, it must be the best live food supermarket in the area.

Hi Leone34,

Welcome aboard the SE23.com Forum. I wish we were to greet you with a happier start. Although, as Jane_D mentions, we have been reading quite a few threads recently about much loved missing cats turning up.

Many owners, like yourself, have thoughtfully been creating threads on here as part of the search.

I’d love to point you to a particular thread as it contains one of my favourite posts. Roz’s outlook on why cats sometimes go missing, I feel will help anyone stay motivated and not give up hope. I hope you might read it, if you haven’t already.

I live just off Devonshire Road. Very near to the nature reserve. This morning as I pulled my bicycle out of the garage I called out to Pebbles but, alas, she hadn’t snuck in there.

Our garage would have been a good spot as it is quite toasty with the gas boiler being an obvious draw for a cat. Then, just to prove my cat logic, out of the dark came a lovely little slender black cat who did their best to slink in there.

Good luck with the search, Leone34. As I walk and cycle around I’ll keep my eyes out for Pebbles. And I look forward to reading about you being reunited very soon.

Oh, I’d ask for anyone travelling on the trains to please take a moment to look out of the windows into the nature reserve as that is a very good vantage to maybe spot a happy, hunting feline.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Missing Tortoiseshell Cat - Pebbles - Cellar Door - 23-02-2012 05:22 PM