SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Forum thread viewing problems
rshdunlop

08-07-2011 03:21 PM

jgdoherty - I don't disagree with anything in your last post at all. It makes perfect sense for an admin to run a forum in a way that will attract and retain users. I would also agree that not all admins do. Clear terms and conditions, and the courtesy of an explanation when posts and threads are removed are standard on most boards and helps users feel at home and indeed welcome.

My initial response was to your query about how moderators are 'appointed' - I was merely pointing out that there are no moderators on this board, it is run by a single admin. This admin does not chose to notify people when posts and threads are removed. That's his prerogative. I didn't say I thought it was a good way to run a forum. Admin here know when I disagree with him, as I email him to let him know. But I'm not running this forum, he is and like I said, his house, his rules. It wasn't an endorsement, more a statement of fact.

Sorry if I didn't pick up on any intended levity in your post.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Forum thread viewing problems - rbmartin - 04-07-2011, 06:48 PM
RE: Forum thread viewing problems - Bcm - 05-07-2011, 10:41 PM
RE: Forum thread viewing problems - rshdunlop - 08-07-2011 03:21 PM