SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
People door knocking offering a roof survey
marthasmum

26-04-2011 08:14 PM

I did say Hello. I think we could have gone on all afternoon "Hello". "Hello". "Hello". "Hello". Funnily (or not) enough, I was given the advice (about the non opening the door) by a Crime Prevention Officer after a burglary. He told me that despite us thinking when someone knocks we should always open it; in actual fact we do not have to do any such thing. I so SO wish I had realised that when the hard-core Electricity salesmen came to call. They weren't the burglars but they tried really hard to rip us off, I was nearly crying in the end. My husband was actually cooking and started to serve dinner and STILL they wouldn't leave until we signed up...... And cancelled the agreement the next day. Never again.
I don't think there's a law against police officers looking at local websites outside work hours (I have a friend on FB). I guess the reason they can't do it at work is because like a lot of large organisations they are a bit backward thinking when it comes to Firewalls and the like. They're worried about viri. Is that a word - Viri?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: People door knocking offering a roof survey - marthasmum - 26-04-2011 08:14 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Loft Grant, person knocking door Fhill 2 5,198 21-12-2012 12:38 PM
Last Post: JRW