SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Idiot drivers, this time Mayow Road
Snazy

25-04-2015 06:00 PM

Just had the pleasure of this dangerous idiot on Mayow Road, deciding that he wanted to overtake, on the wrong side, by the vets!

Would love the guy to be spoken to about this, pointless and dangerous move.
Would also love him to know what I think of him, but hey ! Thumbdown

Dangerous driving dash cam footage

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rshdunlop

25-04-2015 06:39 PM

There is an issue on that part of the road as to when you should filter into two lanes. If there is nothing coming the other way and you are going for the right-hand lane, at what point do you move out? Clearly not THAT early, he's gone well before the road straightens out.

You always have to be very careful as you approach the lights, where it is still a single lane, to keep an eye on your mirrors As the silver car in front discovered, if you are not right on the outside of the lane, people will come up on the outside of you like that, assuming you're going for the left-hand lane.

This post was last modified: 25-04-2015 06:41 PM by rshdunlop.

davidl

26-04-2015 09:10 PM

Did I see a taxi sticker in the rear window of the Volvo?

Londondrz

27-04-2015 07:20 AM

Could be, a few of the local taxi drivers see The Highway Code as an irrelevance.

Snazy

27-04-2015 11:00 AM

Davidl , yes you did. I have contacted TfL about the driving and sent them the clip.

RSH, I agree its a little confusing, but as you say, this was WAY premature. Personally I tend to wait for the Earlsthorpe, Dukethorpe split to use the outer part of the road. As late as safely possible to do so without causing problems for others.

This idiot just wanted to be at the front Cursing

Sherwood

27-04-2015 01:07 PM

That's taxi drivers! Trying to make more money!

john-f

27-04-2015 07:34 PM

If it's a TFL licensed taxi, then report it to TFL (assuming you have the registration).

OakR

27-04-2015 08:56 PM

I'm not familiar with the road, but it looks like you can get confused on the first bit, however there is no excuse for the subsequent driving and bullying their way in.

davidl

27-04-2015 09:08 PM

The dash cam footage is very impressive. Was the camera expensive? Do you need to set it up for every journey?

rshdunlop

28-04-2015 06:25 AM

Thinking of getting a dash cam myself after a London bus ripped up the side of my vehicle while I was stationary and then spent six months refusing to admit liability, 'losing' the CCTV footage from the bus, offering to pay a quarter, half... before finally capitulating. I'm sure it's their standard procedure to reduce costs. If I'd had web cam footage I'm sure it would have been settled within weeks rather than months.

Snazy

28-04-2015 11:52 AM

Worthy investment RSH, would not be without mine now. Just ordering a base for the other car, so I can switch with ease.
Very handy to have, thankfully all mine has been used for so far is idiots, rather than accidents or incidents.

Small, discreet, and very detailed.
If you want to know what I use I will send you a link on twitter. Thumbup

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields