SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Voting - Thursday 22nd May
Red67

24-05-2014 04:15 PM

Quote from Lewisham Councils twitter feed regarding the apparently slow release of results:
"We have the smallest counting facility + we're 1 of only 4 London boroughs to elect a Mayor. It takes a lot longer."

I have a friend who is an election adjudicator and he was there at the count till well past 3am today. Turnout across the borough was quite high so it appears that the Labour Cllrs (and Green Party Cllr) elected have been given a pretty strong mandate by the local populace.
Perhaps the fact that Lewisham Council had the guts to take the fight for the hospital right to Jeremy Hunts door was a factor in making people decide to vote Labour (as the Lib Dem vote across the borough collapsed)? The threat to health services in Hammersmith & Fulham certainly contributed to the Labour win there.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nottinghillbilly

24-05-2014 06:57 PM

As a life-long Labour supporter I couldn't help but notice that on my voting sheet for our local elections the only names I recognised as actually having posted on the forum and having a visible local presence and impact were the names belonging to the Lib-Dems.
In fact the only people who bothered to knock on our door and ask if we'd voted were Lib dem.
I'm sorry to admit I don't recognise any of the names of the Labour councillors who've been elected...
Where as I've certainly seen Alex's name many times and George's on community concerned matters.
Who is Maya? Peter, and Paul? do they post on here?

BillieJameson

25-05-2014 10:57 AM

The Lib Dems in Lewisham and elsewhere suffered because of their national profile as other parties have in the past. Hard working local councillors pay the price. This time it looks as if UKIP were the beneficiaries of the LibDem vote.

Cllr Paul Upex

27-05-2014 11:55 AM

Hi

I just wanted to say hello to everyone on the forum and say thank you to those people who voted for the Labour Team in Forest Hill last week. We are ready for the challenges that face us locally and across Lewisham.

The team spoke to over 3000 residents over the last year, knocking on every door in the ward, we delivered over 30 000 leaflets and direct mail, during the campaign - sorry if we missed you.

Personally I am one of those people who read and view discussions on the forum but do not post, however this may change. I am more than happy to meet with local residents, groups or resident associations to discuss local issues and campaigns - please get in touch team@labour4foresthill.org.uk

Finally I just wanted to place on record my thanks to Alex Feakes and Philip Peake for their work in Forest Hill.

Visit our website http://www.labour4foresthill.org.uk

Full results have now been posted

Best wishes

Paul Upex
Labour Councillor for Forest Hill
@PaulUpex

BringOutTheCranston

27-05-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:
This time it looks as if UKIP were the beneficiaries of the LibDem vote.

I suspect it was Labour that benefited from the Lib Dem collapse. UKIP didn't do that will in London.

philip

27-05-2014 10:57 PM

Thanks Paul - congratulations and good luck with continuing the push for improvements for Forest Hill.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields